Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I'm Learning To Be A Good And Effective Leader!

This morning, I was so unhappy. Recently, I really don't know why that I am so easily get agitated especially inside my class. Maybe I am not enough of sleep... =(

I was happy during my way to my college. When I entered my class, the mood was changed! My lecturer put some burdens on my shoulder by giving me some works, then my course mates added in some more and I was so upset and eventually ended up unhappy!

Some of my course mates realised that I was unhappy and a little angry. I felt really bad and some how I felt guilty because I worried that my attitude might hurt them.

Then, all these negative questions came into my thoughts like "why no body is willing to take some responsibilities from me by helping me to carry some of them?" "why they are so selfish by letting me to do all things on my own?" "why they are not willing to step out to help me in some class works like photocopy notes?" "why? why? and why?"

Being a leader is not easy. Being the leader for my course mates is even harder and more challenging. I am like serving 25 people with 25 different characters and 25 types of behaviours. There are times that I want to give up! =(

But I always and strongly believe that God put me in this situation because He wants to shape and mold my characters in leadership. Through these two years++ of serving at my college, I realised that there are more things that I need to learn and need to change within myself to be a good and effective leader.

First thing that I need to learn is to have the right attitude that don't always feel and think like want to quit when there's difficulty. This is not easy -I know- but nothing is impossible; all I need is to learn to surrender to God and let Him direct the way! "Leaders don't quit and quitters don't lead!"

Secondly, I must learn to take up challenges in leading and to have a willing heart to go for extra miles for the people! Thirdly, I must serve with humility; I need to be more humble and not follow my own desire and emotion.

And finally, I need to have the Fruit of the Spirit -Love, Joy, Peace, Patience, Kindness, Goodness, Faithfulness, Gentleness and Self control- to be a good and effective leader!

0 comments:


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster