Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Forgiveness

Recently, my cousin bought this video game known as Burnout Revenge and the motto of this video game is 'Forgiveness Is For Losers'.

Isn't it scary where actually people think that forgiveness is for losers? You may think that it is just a phrase that people use to promote their video game or to make their video game sound cool... But what I concern the most is that the children may use this phrase as their motto for their life. Aren't you worry if your children don't practice forgiveness and think that forgiveness is just for losers? And right now, my cousin brother is playing with the video game and some more, he thinks the phrase is so cool. Aiyoyo... so how?

But I believe that the gospel will set them free and will protect them from this false teaching. Jesus always forgive and He is not a loser; to many of us, He is our Superhero because of His great love, mercy and grace, we are forgiven through His sacrificial on the cross. He died for our sins on the cross so that we are forgiven from our sins! Jesus is so cool... Today, He is risen and His Name is above all names, above all nations, above all kingdoms and above everything in this world.

Sometimes, -I know- it is not easy for us to forgive someone, but all things are possible with God; with Him in us, we can do anything! We can always learn how to forgive just like Jesus. In my opinion, forgiveness can't take place where there is no LOVE. Start to love, then follow by forgiveness.

There are one person that I find it very hard to forgive; is my dad. Because of his ignorance to the family, I am really upset and angry at him. To forgive my dad, I think I need to love him more and more each day which I know is not easy. Experiencing God's love and forgiveness really helps me to love my dad more and learn to forgive him. It is not easy at times, but God is my help and strength.

If people think that forgiveness is for losers, I hope that they will think again. Forgiveness is not something to determine whether it is for the losers or winners. Forgiveness is a beautiful act where God use it to demonstrate His great love for us by sending His one and only Son, Jesus to died for us on the cross so that we are forgiven from our sins and we are set free from slaving to our sins! This is so cool and awesome!

All praises, glories and honors to the Lord! I^-^I

0 comments:


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster