Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Counting The Wrongs

Last week, I was jokingly with my friend by counting the total of wrong things that she did to me. In addition, her mistakes were not the serious ones; all of it was minor plus accidentally and not on purpose. But because I wanted to joke with her so I just purposely acknowledged her about her wrong things that she did to me and counted one by one in front of her.

Yesterday, again I pin pointed and acknowledged her about the wrong things that she did to me –actually she was not wrong, just I purposely said that she was wrong– and accumulated it with the total that she did last week. Oops… Am I very naughty? Sorry…

From the incident above I was just joking with my friend by counting her mistakes –I was just joking with her and she was aware of it too; both of us were laughing about it–

Through the incident above, even though it was just a joke but it really makes me think and questioning myself; “have I ever count my own mistakes or wrong doings?” Sometimes, especially an imperfect person like who I am, I do count other people’s mistakes and wrong doings but I never really count my own mistakes and wrong doings!

In my opinion, counting other people’s mistakes or wrong doings is the same like judging others. Do we have the right to judge others when we ourselves are not perfect at all? Have you ever count other people’s wrong doings? If yes, let’s us reflect on our mistake or our weakness on this matter. How do we overcome this mistake?

Firstly, come before the Lord and ask God to forgive our sin. Then, repent from it. Remember, with God all things are possible, just surrender ourselves to Him and trust Him that He will set us free from this mistake or sin. Rely on God’s strength –only God’s strength is perfect enough– to help us to overcome this mistake or sin.
“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness. – 2 Corinthians 12:9 NIV”

Secondly, remember God’s words from the Bible. God stated very clearly that don’t judge others or else we will be judged!
“Stop judging others and you will not be judged. – Matthew 7:1 NLT”
And this is the consequence too of judging others!

Thirdly, look at one’s strengths and accept one’s weaknesses or mistakes! I have a lot of friends with different behavior, different thinking and different character. And each of them has their own strengths and weaknesses. When I look at their strengths, it really makes me so proud of them and it can also help me to learn to accept their weaknesses. Sometimes, I can even forget about their weaknesses too every time when I look into their strengths.

Is it alright to judge when come to situation that we need to make judgment? When come to situation that we have to make a judgment then we must do so with fairness and integrity! It is written in the Bible:-
“Do not pervert justice; do not show partiality to the poor or favoritism to the great, but judge your neighbor fairly – Leviticus 19:15 NIV”

Last but not least, do everything out of LOVE; eventually you will learn how to love others without judging others. And remember only God is capable of judging rightly every time and not us! I^-^I God bless ya!

0 comments:


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster