Sunday, October 26, 2008

United Through Kongsi Raya

"Kongsi Raya" means sharing festival. Malaysia is a multiracial and multicultural country. Besides than Christmas and Chinese New Year, I also celebrated Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Deepavali by visiting my Malay friend and also my Indian friend during their festival.

Last Wednesday, MAHSA College Medical Imaging Student Acciosiation (MMISA) organised a feast called "Deepa-Raya Feast". We were doing the feast inconjunction with Hari Raya Aidilfitri and Deepavali.

During the preparation of the feast, I learned about the real meaning of "UNITY". My Indian friends were doing "Kolam" -an Indian art of decoration by using colourful rice-

Then, I helped them. After that, one of my Malay friend came to help out as well. Wow, two Indians, one Chinese and one Malay; together, we finished the "Kolam"!

This is what I called "Unity" -we are Malaysian!-

That evening, during the Deepa-Raya Feast, I was wearing green Baju Melayu -just top only- Wow, I love the dress so much!

(my coursemates I^-^I)

(from the left: Priya and Jothi)

(from the left: Ira and Nur Shakilah)

(from the left: Kalai and Kohmala with their beautiful "Sari")

0 comments:


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster