Thursday, October 23, 2008

Great Awakening!

Last August, I had a great time during my Mission Candidates’ Preparation Programme Part-2 (MCPP-2) training at Sepang. At first, I was so reluctant to go because I thought that I was going there alone. Usually going for training, I will go together with my friends but this time, I thought I was going there alone. Ok, going alone can make new friends, I know but I just felt a little nervous, as you know, you will get a little nervous when you are together with a new group of people. Then, I prayed and told the Lord that I believe that signing up and going for this training will not be a mistake but a blessing from God.

God is good all the time! Amen! Guess what, God brought my friends along with me too – Fui Fui, David and Kath and also Baby Allison. I was so happy to have them there with me during the weekend. God never leave me to be alone, just like last time my Bible College Class, I thought I was alone but God is so good; my friends also signed up for the class and we studied together. Wow, Praise the Lord! Indeed, God loves me.

In addition, I was blessed by God too. During the stay-in weekend training, wow, it was so refreshing. Hearing all the testimonies from Yew On and Chern Chern, watching the videos of missionaries, listening to the sharing of Pr. Ling, doing morning devotion with my team, having all the fun ice-breaker, wonderful worshipping time, all the fellowship during group discussion, chit-chatting and sharing and also all the foods; all these things that I mentioned above really made my weekend so refreshing and not regretting at all that I signed up for this training.

I was really blessed and so inspired to hear all the sharing and testimonies from Yew On and Chern Chern. They are missionaries from my church under OMF to serve at Cambodia. It is never be easy to be a missionary but God is good, He is always faithfully keeping His promises. Holding on to His promises and the vision that He set for us really can keep us running the race as a missionary.

After watching the video about William Carrie, God reminded me about my calling through the video. William Carrie is a missionary at India, God called him to go to India to bring the good news of Jesus there. He went through a lot of obstacles and difficulties – He even lost his son and his wife. But he didn’t give up and keep holding on to the vision that God had prepared for him. His ministry was not bearing fruit during the first 7 years at India. After 7 years, the vision that God had set for him was fulfilled and bears fruits! Things that I learned for him is to be patient and wait for God’s perfect timing.
“Patient is bitter but the fruit is sweet!”

After the movie, we had a group discussion; my group leader shared something and reminded me about my calling. Last year, during Children Leaders’ retreat, I received my calling from God. I felt really bad that such a long time I didn’t pray for my calling. I believed that God is reminding me again about my calling. Praise the Lord!

Then, Pr. Ling shared something with us about Giants in our life. Last time, the Israelites were afraid about the giants, because the people there were so big and huge and they were so afraid to conquer the land but Caleb and Joshua were not afraid because they knew that God was with them. Three things that Pr. Ling shared on what we should do when we are facing giants (like our problems and obstacles) in our life:
1. Remember all the things that God has done for all of us.
· God is bigger than all of our problems
2. Remember God’s great mercy
3. Lord is with us
· Lord is with us because of His promise
· Believe the Lord

The morning devotion with my team members and Chern Chern was very wonderful and refreshing. My team leader was sharing about Gideon from the bible. Then we shared about obstacles in life and when God is with us, victory is always in our hands.
“God + One = Majority”
Then my team leader shared his testimony which was very inspiring!

I want to thank God for my team member – Chris (my leader) and Siew Ling. I am so excited and looking forward to work with them. Then, I met Keith, I knew him during my previous MCPP-1 training. Do you know he even gave me some IQ test during our break? Hehe… I also met other people as well like Grace, etc. I also want to thank God for all these people that I met.

I put my name under Nepal short-term mission trip end of next years. This time, I was not afraid or feeling unsure or worry to put down my name as the commitment to go for short term mission trip because God had blessed my previous Cambodia mission trip and He will do it again if He call me to go. Amen!

Not to forget about the foods too. It was quite good. I still remembered during breakfast on Sunday morning, Fui Fui and I just ate so crazily… We were just like diving into the swimming pool that fills with foods… Hahaha… Anyway, thank God for the foods.

After the training, David, Kath, Fui Fui, Baby Allison and I; we went to Jaya 33 for dinner. I really enjoyed the fellowship during our journey back to Petaling Jaya and during our dinner. Looking forward to more of that! Thank God for everything and this blessed weekend! Indeed, it was a great awakening weekend! Praise the Lord!

0 comments:


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster