Sunday, October 12, 2008

The Heart That Beats

Yesterday, during worship at Children's Church, Pr. Nancy came up to the stage and she asked everyone of us to put our hand at our hearts and feel the beats. Then, a vision of my youngest age as a baby and child came to me... I sensed the Lord was telling me that how precious I am to Him.

I am really blessed to have a healthy heart -physically- that is so faithfully beating for me to keep me living. This reminds me of my heavenly Daddy who is also so faithfully taking good care of me because I am so precious to Him. He never give up on me and faithfully loving me as His son. Sometimes, my mistakes hurt Him but because of His unconditional love, He faithfully forgive me everytime when I humbly go to Him and confess of my mistakes.

How about my spiritual heart? One day, I realised that my heart was so harden like a rock. And I know a harden heart can't never beat for other people like loving them or caring for them. How can a harden heart shows compassion and loving towards others? This is not right! I cannot go on like this. God make my heart to beat for His people...

One evening, as I was walking along a street, I was thinking about the condition of my heart and I told the Lord to turn my harden heart into "Tofu" heart -soft-

I shared this prayer with my friend, Rachel. Instead of a "Tofu" heart, she told that she rather want to have a "Marshmallow" heart.


Wow, this is so true! A "Marshmallow" heart -soft but not so fragile and most importantly, it can bring SWEETNESS to the people!- Yes, Lord, I want this heart!

Let's us ask the Lord to turn our heart into "Marshmallow" heart that beat with sweetness and gentleness to others! AMEN!

0 comments:


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster