Saturday, April 5, 2008

My Cambodia Youth Mission Trip

On the 6th of August 2007, I went to Cambodia for my second mission trip for nine days. Team of 10 people; Maureen Ooi (leader of the team), Jonathan Lim (assistant leader), Troy Lim, Mike Chang, Jamie Ang, Sara Leong, Carol Yap, Jamie Lee, Jared Sze and myself, Jacky Lai.

We were assigned to serve the community at Cambodia by doing teaching and preaching at two Christian Youth Camp at Kampot and Baray. This trip was a blessed and a memorable trip to me. I had a lot of testimonies about this trip on how God provided me and blessed me. But there is one testimony that I must share with you all:

Three day before the trip, I received a bad news. My actual final exam date was on the 20th of August but my lecturer brought forward the examination date to 13th of August which I am still at Cambodia. Plus my course mates all agreed with the date. I was so sad. I went to a stairs near my hostel, I broke down and cried. Then, I prayed... At night of that day, I got a skit and dance practice for this mission trip. Then, I shared it with my team members. Suddenly one of my team members shared with me, "God will honor those who honor Him first!" I was so blessed to hear that and I knew that God is answering my prayer. So I skipped the exam and went for this mission trip.
So I needed to re-sit my exam. Then, my lecturer told me that he will never recycled the question. So, those question that had come out, I didn't memorize them, I just read through them. Do you know, on that day of my re-sit, he gave me the same question paper. Then, I was panic. I prayed and asked for God's wisdom. Then, I sensed the peace. I did my best and surrender the rest to the Lord. Guess what, in my class, only three people scored 'A' and I was one of them... Yeah!!! Indeed God will honor those who honor Him first! All praises and glories to the Lord!

During trip, I was truly blessed. I got to know more about my team members. Right now, all of them are my best friends. I learned something from each and everyone of them. I also learned about the heart of servant hood. Here, I learned how to serve with love. I also learned how to depend on God and walk by faith. I was blessed to know and meet my church, DUMC missionaries here at Cambodia. Their testimonies really inspired me! As well as the pastors there. So thankful!

The foods are great and delicious. I really enjoyed eating the Cambodian foods. I love it very much. My favourite is the Ice Cream inside the coconut. I also tried eating spider. Wow, never thought that it can be taste so good.

We went for river cruise, horse-cart and cow-cart. We also did a little shopping at Russian Market and Central Market. Here, I can get a lot of in-expensive stuff like clothes, souvenirs, etc.
I cried when we were at Phnom Penh International Airport. I think I missed the missionaries especially Aunty Esther, she like my mummy and she take good care of me and my team during the trip and I also missed the Cambodian! Inside the plane, I prayed and told the Lord, "Lord, if you call me again to serve You here at Cambodia, I will follow and go!"

This trip was really blessed by the Lord. A truly blessed, fruitful and memorable trip! Thank God and thank everyone who made this mission trip possible for me! All praises and glories to the Lord! Love ya =)

0 comments:


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster