Thursday, April 10, 2008

Agape (pronounced "ah-GaH-pay")

Yesterday, I was doing my revision and reading bible on my bed. I was lying down looking up to the sky. Then, I put my right hand up and pretend to reach the sky and touch the sky. I tried to take picture of my hand reaching out to sky like reaching out to God for hope. But I failed to take the picture because the exposure was not nice. Suddenly, the word "AGAPE" came to my mind and the word came out through my mouth unconsciously. Then, I asked my roommate what is the meaning of Agape? I also asked Melissa and Pastor Nancy the same question. They gave me the same answer - God's Love! I believed that the Lord is reminded me about His unconditional love for me and for the world. Amen! =)
Agape - found in the biblical New Testament, Agape expresses the spiritual, not physical, love of God for his people. It is an unconditional love and concern for others. Agape is a love that accepts everyone for who they are. This is the same love that God expressed through the death of Jesus Christ, His son (1 John 4:9-10). It is a selfless love! (the definition is taken from the Agape Center website)

0 comments:


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster