Thursday, April 10, 2008

I'll Never Leave You!

In my previous post, I shared about the movie; Martian Child. It was really touching but I didn't cry; big boy already! hehe... After watching this movie, I found out some parts of this movie that related to my life about the relationship between father and son.

"In the movie, Dennis' parent abandoned him, therefore, he's lack of parental love. Eventually, Dennis ended up being a strange boy and he like to steal things".

I grew up from my childhood to my teenage life without my father because he seldom at home especially during my growing up period; my primary school time! Sad but true, I'm lack of fatherly figure. In addition, I'm not very close to my father. As a teenager, I didn't know about the need of having a father because I was so use to live without him, as a result, my life was not balance. After I accepted Jesus Christ as my personal Saviour, He restored back my relationship with God as heavenly father and son. But then because I was so used to not having my 'Earthly' father with me, so, God's fatherly figure still very much missing even though I knew that God is my heavenly father. But during my Baptism and Membership Encounter Weekend (BMEW) last year, Pastor Chris was teaching and sharing about God the father and His wonderful love. After the lesson, we were knelt down and prayed. Then I saw this vision that I was sitting on the swing at a garden or playground. Then I saw God was pushing me and I was swing up and down.
I had so much joy and fun. From that moment onwards, I can really sensed the fatherly love that was missing for so long. Then, I was broke down in tears because I was so touch and happy!

"There is one part in the movie that I love the most when Dennis told David that his parent from the Mars is coming to get him back but David told him that He's not going anywhere. Cut the story short, Dennis is crying and asked David why his parent left him ='( Then David told Dennis that his parent are stupid to abandoned him and didn't see the potential in him. Then David said to Dennis that he'll never, never, never, never, never leave him. And then, Dennis run to David and hug him. It was really touching".

This reminded me that God promised me that He'll never leave me nor forsake me! There was one day, my spiritual life was so dry and I couldn't sense God. He seems like very far away from me. I was so doubtful and upset. Then, one of the church members prayed for me and he told that God said to me that He'll never leave me nor forsake me. Then, immediately I cried...

This promise is not just for me alone, it is for you too! From the Bible, God said that He "will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you - Deuteronomy 31:8", this is God's promise for everybody!

Are you lack of love today? Or do you feel discouraged, hopeless or feel like being abandoned? What are you waiting for? Accept Jesus Christ as your personal Saviour now and He'll restore back your relationship with God as father and son or father and daughter! Just pray this simple prayer:-
"Lord Jesus, I want to accept you as my personal Saviour. I believe that you died for my sins on the cross and you're son of God. I confess all my sins to you and please forgive me. In Jesus' name I prayed, Amen!"

And now, you're the Children of God, another God's promise for you! It is so privilege to known as Children of God! (^o,^)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very well written post. I am so glad you saw the vision of how God pushing you on a swing. It is such vision that will keep reminding you that God is with you, He is Emmanuel. Now that you have a taste of God's agape love and fatherly love, share with people around and pray for them till they too can have that taste of the fatherly love. A touch from the Father is better than a thousand sermons. Help people to desire for that fatherly touch.
Keep writing, I enjoy reading.


 

Design by Amanda @ Blogger Buster